Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Night in Bethlehem

Sunday night we had the opportunity to go through a live nativity at our church. They have a few acres that they set up "Bethlehem". So we took the kids and as we entered, we were greeted by 2 men dressed up like roman soldiers dressed.

Then we were given some coins and we made our way to the different shops that would have been around in that time. Then the there was a show that started every 30 minutes and the first segment we were all shuffled to sit and watch Mary and Joseph as they were traveling trying find room at the inn and the innkeepers would keep turning them away. I got so emotional. It was so real. I can only imagine what Mary must have been feeling leading up to the birth of the baby Jesus and having to be turned away by everyone. Then the next segment was of Mary and Joseph with their newborn and all the shepherds and wisemen visiting them. Mary sang a lullabye to the baby Jesus and it was really beautiful. I think I would have enjoyed it a little more if Jepson hadn't kept saying "Mom, I have to go potty".. "Mom, let's go home now"... "Mom, is that a goat?..mom, I want to pet the goat." EERRGGH! (yes, they even had live animals too!)

We were then ushered into the church building for some cookies and hot chocolate. When we got home, the kids said "That was FUN!" So amidst the frustration, everyone had a great time.

3 comments:

tharker said...

Jepson's interruptions were so funny! Gotta love kids.

Tasha said...

That sounds awesome! They had something like that 45 minutes away from here, next year I will definately have to try and go to it!

Day said...

What a special night. I miss that. They had a live nativity in Ft. Pierce and my mom, my sisters and I used to go every year. Maybe next year we'll join you.
Have a GREAT Christmas!! Love ya!!