Thursday, December 27, 2007

Santa was good to us!

Merry Christmas everyone! We had a wonderful Christmas. Todd's sister Allison and her husband Keith spent the week with us and it was really good to have some family with us as I tend to get really homesick this time of year with my family all out west. Allison and Keith are expecting their first child at the end of July and we are just so giddy for them. She of course is very sick and tired all the time, but I just keep telling her it's a good thing that she's sick.. it means the baby is growing and developing as it should. I don't know how comforting it is to hear being sick all the time is good, but she is trying to get through it the best she can. They just left today and we were all sad to see them go, but life goes on, I guess. That's the thing about Christmas that I do hate. It takes so long to get everything ready and buy all the gifts and visit with friends and family, but when it finally arrives, it's over way too soon:(

My biggest gift (and favorite) that I got this year, was a new set of Calphalon pots and pans!!! I am just beside myself. These are top of the line pots and pans. Nothing sticks to these babies and I am loving cooking even more than before. :) Thanks to my mother-in-law who gave them to us. Love, love, love them!

ok..secondly, I have to thank Tiffani for her delectable cinnamon roll recipe that I made Christmas Eve! Everyone LOVED them and they were moist and yummy even the next day. I get all my yummy recipes and tips from Tiff. You rock my friend! :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and continues to have a prosperous and Happy New Year! :)

3 comments:

tharker said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed the cinnamon rolls! Aren't they just to die for? Mmmm!

That's great that you had family to celebrate Christmas with. But you're right about it being over too soon :(

Awesome that you got new pots and pans! I want some too!!!!

tharker said...

Oh yeah, did you do the kind with frosting or the Caramel Pecan?

Emily said...

I did both! One pan with frosting and the other with caramel pecan. Both were to die for! yummmm!