Saturday, November 17, 2007

My sweet boy...

Friday I spent the afternoon taking Jepson to a doctor's appt, a pediatric neurologist to be exact. Driving 45 minutes to a not so nice part of town was not at the top of my "fun"things to do, but for my baby boy, how could I not.

His teachers at school mentioned to us that Jepson delays his response to questions that are asked him by 5-7 seconds. We have noticed this at home too, so we were a little concerned about this and with his history of being "developmentally delayed" since he was 3, we thought a neurological workup would be worth looking into.

So, he has to get an MRI with sedation, EEG and complete blood workup done. The doctor thinks he may have a audiological processing delay and ADD. Immediately, I had this knot at the bottom of my stomach am SO not looking forward to putting him through all of this. As scared as I am though, I am really interested to see what the results will show. I don't want him to struggle in school like I did and if he gets the help he needs, then it will be worth it.

The fun begins next month so I will keep you all updated!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Wow! I am sure it will all go well and will help him out in the near future. It will be interesting to find out what they learn about it all. I didn't know he had delayed responses to questions. He's a sweet boy. Just kiss him lots and always remind him how great he is.

Day said...

I completely know how you feel! It's interesting how Jepson and Gavin have some of the same issues. BUT they both have the SWEETEST spirits I have come across in this world!!! It's tough, he will thank you for it later down the road. Keep me posted. LOVE YA LOTS!!